Pumpkin Apple Bread Recipe
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Eggs slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup canola/olive oil
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/4 to 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Steps for Bread Machine
- Add your wet ingredient first
- Add remaining ingredient
- Use Express Cycle of 120 minutes
Steps for Oven
Sift the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt together.
In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, oil, eggs, and water. Combine both mixtures and fold in the pumpkin, walnut and apple. Once the ingredients are all incorporated pour into a non- stick 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan. If your pan is not non- stick coat it with butter and flour.
Bake for 1 hour. At this point a knife inserted into the middle of the loaf should come out clean. Cool for 15 minutes and turn out onto a cooling rack. Cool completely.