Jalapeno cheddar corn bread recipe
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of double acting baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 of brown sugar, optional but recommended
- 1/4 cup fresh finely chopped jalapeno pepper or pickled jalapeno rings
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican blend of cheeses, Cheddar Jack, or sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, optional
- 1 cup of half&half
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup of canola/olive oil mixture, ( you can use butter as well)
- Put all dry ingredients into the bread pan, including the shredded cheese.
- Chop jalapeno pepper finely.
- Thaw the frozen corn in the microwave. Grind it coarsely with your blender then mix it with the jalapeno. Add this mixture into the pan
- Beat the egg and pour into the bread pan.
- Add all the wet ingredients: oil and half & half
- Turn on the bread machine and use Express bake with 120minutes cycle
Hope you enjoy it