Coffee Bread with Plums and Cranberries
This is the first time that I made coffee bread. After I looked at a few recipes for coffee bread, i combined those with my banana bread recipe into the following recipe. You can make this bread with a bread machine or with your oven.
- 1/2 cup of strong coffee. Make sure you cool the coffee to room temperature
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 small eggs or 1 large eggs, (f you want more protein, use 2 eggs). Beat the eggs slightly
- 1/3 cup of dried plums; chopped into pieces. You can use dates instead of dried plums. However plums are #1 in antioxidants
- 1/3 of dried cranberries
- 1/3 of sliced-almond, (optional)
- 1 and 2/3 cups of general purpose flour. Sift the flour for best result.
- 1/3 cup of sugar, (or 1/2 cups if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder and 1 teaspoon of baking soda
Add the first 4 ingredients into a stainless steel bowl. Then add the rest into the bowl. Use a hand mixer to mix ingredients well. Brush a bread pan with olive oil or butter. Pour mixture into the bread pan. Heat oven to 350 degree. Bake the bread 30 minutes or more. Check the bread by sticking a wood chopstick and verify that there is no sticky dough.
For bread machine:
Pour the first 4 ingredients into the bread pan. Pour the rest of ingredients into the pan. Use express bake cycle of 80 minutes, (i hour and 20 minutes). Press Start button and there you go.