Chicken Gizzard Appertizer Recipe
- Check and clean the gizards if necessary
- Boil the gizards with 1 cup of red wine, (cabernet sauvignon was used in this article) and water, enough to submerge the gizzards. A dutcht oven is recommended. for 1 hour with medium heat
- Pour the gizards into a strainer, rinse the gizzards.
- Pour 1 cup of chicken broth, and 2 cups of water into the empty pot or dutch oven. Add a cup of slides onion, 1 crushed garlic, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of siracha, 1 teaspoon of peper and 1 table spoon of brown sugar. Bring it to a boil
- add the gizzards back to the pot/dutch oven. Boil the gizzards with low heat for 2 hours, until the liquid is evaporated.